Content Calendar Plan
Are you looking to get the most out of your digital marketing campaign? If so, then you probably understand that content is incredibly important. After all, content is what will provide your visitors with helpful information about your brand, mission, and offerings, while also letting search engines identify exactly what your website is about.
Because it is so important, everyone is focused on producing content. Therefore, you have to make sure that you produce the right content to meet the needs of your specific digital marketing campaign. But how exactly do you manage this?
In this area, there are several questions that you are probably asking, including:
If you find yourself asking these questions, then you may also need to learn more about a content calendar plan and the content strategy that it will be helping to organize. Therefore, what is a content strategy plan? There are several steps involved in putting together a solid content strategy, which include:
- First, you have to set your mission and your goals. Of course, you want your business to make more money. Howexactly, though, are you going to make that happen?
- That is why you need to establish your key performance indicators, or KPIs, which are specific metrics that are going to help you quantify your success.
- Next, you need to understand your target audience. Even though you would like to make a customer out of everyone, realistically you cannot target everyone. So instead, who is your ideal customer?
- Next, you need to assess your current position. What is your current spot in the market, and in your specific industry? How can you expand this standing so that you can move to a higher spot?
- After this, you have to figure out what your best content channels are. This will help you decide what types of content you are going to produce. What content does your target audience tend to engage with, and do you have the resources and know-how to produce this kind of content? And what is this content – podcasts, videos, blogs, or something else entirely?
- In addition, you have to decide what your budget is. What resources are you going to use or reallocate in order to build up this budget?
- You can use all of this information to create a content calendar. This will help you figure out what content you are going to publish, when you are going to publish it, and where you are going to publish. (Plus, after you create your content, you can distribute and market it effectively.)
- Finally, measure your results as they come in. You can figure out what is working, what is not, where it is or is not working, and adjust your plan accordingly.
If you are still asking, “what is the purpose of a content calendar?” it’s worth keeping in mind that a content calendar is meant to help you figure out when you are going to publish content and where you will publish it. That way, you can effectively track your results.
Content Calendar Template
As you put together your content calendar template, you may be tempted to use a content calendar template free option. After all, you do not want to spend more money than you have to. However, if you do not use something that has been specifically designed to help you create a content calendar, then you may have a hard time staying on track. Therefore, you have to get the most out of your content calendar template.
So, how do I use a content calendar? Ideally, your content calendar template should act as a framework within which you can consider how you can appropriately plan and publish different kinds of content. Fortunately, this process does not have to be expensive in order to be effective. Instead, when you are putting together a content calendar, you should cover several areas of SaaS, including:
- How many types of contents are there? What types of contents are you going to use? You may use case studies, blogs, podcasts, and more.
- Who is your target audience? Make sure you specify who you are targeting with your marketing campaign and specify what you are trying to get them to do with it.
- How many different product segments do you have? You may have different products for different teams to create and handle for each individual step of your project.
If you are able to answer these questions, then you can create an outstanding content calendar template. Of course, your template may also change slightly from project to project. Even though the overall matrix may be the same, the content that goes into each individual cell will differ. With this kind of mapping and organization, you will know how you can get the most out of each type of content that you produce.
You might also be looking for ways to save money as you publish your content calendar template. Even though you do not have to spend a lot of money on this kind of software program, it is nearly always better to go with a program that has been specifically designed for creating a content calendar. That way, you know the program is going to work well for your specific business and business needs, particularly as your digital marketing campaign continues to move forward.
Content Calendar Google Sheets
If you are looking for content calendar examples, there is a good chance that you have already heard about a Content calendar template Google Sheets. Especially if you are new to this area, a Google Sheets calendar template is probably a good place to start. There are plenty of content calendar Google Sheets examples that you can use. Starting in general office productivity software programs such as Excel or Google Sheets and building out a content marketing matrix can prove helpful because it is flexible. Furthermore, you are also in total control of how this program works for you, and you can tailor it to meet the needs of your company. Likewise, multiple people can work on it at the same time without having to worry about multiple versions being saved. Because the Google Sheets option in particular is also free, it is a great place to start.
If you are trying to get the most out of this program, then it may be helpful to map out this information in an Excel spreadsheet first. You might want to delineate different stages of the buyer journey with respect to your particular products and services. You can place this information on the horizontal axis while also adding the individual personas of your ideal or current buyers on the vertical axis, and then compare how the two map against each other. By working through it in this way, you can easily see how each individual step leads to the next.
While this may be sufficient for the early development of your content matrix, though, you still do need to find a way to link this to your content calendar. After all, once you have mapped everything in your matrix, you can start scheduling items. You will want to figure out exactly when you are going to publish your content and where you are going to share it.
Questions to answer include: how often do you want to share your content? Who are you targeting with your content? How much success are you having with each individual type of content? Is it your target audience who are engaging with that content? These are important questions to be considering and answering as you begin to fill out your content matrix.
Finally, after you have completed your content calendar template, then you may want to think about creating a PowerPoint presentation. If you have this ready, then you can share your plan with individual stakeholders at your company quickly and easily. You can also turn this into a PDF that you can email to people throughout the company. So even though you may want to invest in a professional content calendar template at some point, this process does not necessarily have to be expensive.
Social Media Calendar Ideas
If you are looking for social media calendar ideas, then you may be taking a look at the HootSuite content calendar, or otherwise wondering if there is a social media calendar app or a social media planner app you can use. If you are trying to develop social media post ideas for business, though, then there are several questions you need to answer. These include:
- Who do you think is going to be reading the content you produce? Who do you want to be reading it?
- What types of problems are you trying to solve or pain points are you trying to address with your products and services?
- When compared to your competitors, why do you think people are going to choose your company instead?
- Where does your target market tend to post and/or congregate?
- How are you going to reach your target market with your various kinds of content?
- Who is responsible for managing your content marketing plan? Will different people be involved for the various steps from creation through publication?
Once you are able to answer these questions, then you can use a social media calendar template to put together your social media content calendar. From there, you can also transfer this to a social media calendar template Google Sheets or a social media calendar template Excel.
As you move the process forward, you also have to define the individual goals for your social strategy. Likewise, you should also be conducting research on your target market. How does your target market use social media? How are you going to reach them on that platform? You may also want to run a content audit. That way, you can figure out what types of contents are going to appear and perform best on your various social media channels.
If you are able to find the right platform for managing your social media accounts, then you should also be able to determine what it will take to start publishing. Then, you can track your performance against the individual goals that you set for your marketing campaign. You can also see what is working well, locate what is not, and plan for how you can improve your content marketing strategy moving forward.
In the end, your digital marketing strategy, particularly your social media marketing strategy, should be heavily influenced by your content marketing schedule. So, how do you plan a social media content calendar? If you are unsure, then you may want to reach out to trained professionals who can lend you a helping hand with this crucial process. That way, you can learn how to generate an effective social media content calendar template free that will help you to move forward.