Investing in an SEO consultant, agency, or service is often an important part of a business’s growth, and this is because SEO is tricky. SEO is always changing, and it’s often difficult to figure out everything that goes into good SEO. In addition, doing just the bare minimum won’t move the needle at all: SEO needs your organization’s full efforts if it’s going to make a difference for you.
So, if your aim is to increase not just organic traffic, but also leads generated, business development, and ultimately greater revenue, then you probably need to invest in both SEO software and SEO consulting services. But why? Why invest in both SEO services from a B2B Marketing Agency and also in SEO software?
There are several compelling reasons.
Why Software Combined with Consulting?
Both software and consulting have their own strengths – and their own weaknesses, too. For example, marketing consulting services alone don’t usually teach you anything that you can take with you, and it doesn’t make workflows or manual processes any faster either. Basically, you’re paying more for someone else to handle the manual work, and you’re not learning how to do anything new on that end yourself.
Meanwhile, SEO software can scale your output by automating mundane manual tasks that don’t require much brainpower but do take time to complete. Despite this, software alone also won’t do the trick. All the automation in the world won’t help your business unless you have a sense of what needs to be automated and why – without this, you might just get a thousand keywords and no sense of how to use them. In other words, software provides the data but not the context needed to combine that information to make smart, informed decisions on what’s important.
So! Going after the most highly-searched options doesn’t mean that you’re tapping into the most pressing needs of your customers. And without context from multiple data sources (search volume, current rank, relevance to your business, existing attempts to rank, etc.), then decision-making on what will actually drive leads (and fast) can be extremely difficult. You won’t have information on what keywords are most impactful and how to incorporate them onto the page, or guidance on handling keywords at different stages of maturity.
In other words, a list of a thousand keywords doesn’t get you very far unless you know how to use them, and how to crunch a bunch of numbers to prioritize those keywords and your strategy overall. That is where a B2B SEO Agency or a Marketing Consultant Agency can be helpful.
We believe that excellence in SEO is only possible with the combination of SEO software that coaches marketers on what they need to do, and SEO consultants who guide them through a process of rapid iteration with a mindset on revenue generation. B2B SEO agencies that provide exceptional digital marketing consulting services can help you rise to the top of your field by following a SaaS marketing playbook.
The software scales efficiency, while the consultant leads the process and coaches you on implementation and next steps.
Software that isn’t a data dump didn’t exist until now…nor did the combination of software and consulting.
Demandwell focuses on B2B SEO specifically.
B2B means you sell to other businesses, while search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of optimizing your web pages to show up among the top results when people use search engines. Which means that:
B2B SEO = the science of reaching professionals via search engines.
Examples of situations requiring effective B2B SEO include:
- A CMO searching for “omnichannel marketing best practices”
- A Head of People Ops searching for “Recruiting software”
- A junior software engineer looking for a better way to QA code
But maybe the most important thing to remember in B2B SEO is that businesses don’t Google things, people do. So whether it’s B2B or B2C, your SEO strategy needs to be about the people you’re trying to reach, which is where digital marketing consultant services from a B2B SEO specialist are key.
In general, this approach means understanding what your customers need with the help of both an SaaS consultant and B2B SEO services: this approach accounts for what users are searching for online and how they’re searching for it. In B2B, too, it’s key to think of this process while also keeping in mind that the searchers are both people and representatives of their various businesses, trying to meet business-specific needs.
Your B2B SEO strategy should answer 3 questions:
- What are our customers looking for? What are their needs? And how can we provide them with something that will make them better at their jobs?
- What can we offer (authentically!) that can meet those needs? Do we have a unique insight that can make their work-lives easier?
- How can we make sure that search engines such as Google know we’re meeting those needs?
Our SaaS Marketing Playbook
The Process that it takes to rank!
These questions should then be turned into a playbook – or a process of sorts – that allows your own B2B business to implement its own answers more effectively.
Our proprietary PACE process removes ambiguity from SEO and makes search-sourced revenue a reality, making us one of the top marketing consultants.
Here’s how it works:
- Plan: Demandwell uncovers what’s driving traffic to your business now and what’s not, and then uses these findings to build a plan for getting your content on page one of search results. Basically, this step takes the understanding of what people are looking for and looks at how your business is (or isn’t) appearing to meet those needs with its online content, usually a company website.
- Attract: Demand Pages increase discoverability, plus traffic for keywords that indicate searchers’ intent to buy, exponentially. So, once your business creates pages to fill those needs, you’ll start seeing your traffic rise over time.
- Convert: Demandwell uncovers the most effective conversion pathways and leans into them, ensuring that web visitors take desired actions. In other words, we help you make sure that traffic to your pages is actually converting and filling your sales funnel.
- Evaluate: Our platform reviews the performance of these plans and strategies, then makes adjustments and suggestions on what to do next. We constantly check on how we’re doing, and make changes to the plan accordingly so you never have to settle for less than the best.
The tactics that it takes to rank:
Today’s SEO isn’t just about adding keywords to content and hunting down backlinks. Instead, it’s about showing up on the first page of Google results for the right keywords that will drive prospects to your sales funnel. And, in today’s crowded marketplace, it often takes a B2B marketing consultant or an SaaS marketing consultant to help you get there.
At Demandwell, we get you there through the combination of SEO software and B2B SEO consultant discussed above.
- Keyword Research: Identify keywords that your prospects are using when they visit search engines, type up descriptions of what they want to buy, and find in their results for those searches.
- SEO Audit and Technical SEO: Make sure nothing on the backend of your website is holding back your ability to rank highly among search results.
- Content Marketing Strategy and Content Creation: Create a comprehensive content marketing strategy that will make sure your content is capturing prospects’ attention and leading them to your website. Whether they’re looking for products and services or trends, best practices, checklists, or research relevant to your industry, you should be reaching people during the due diligence, research, and readiness to purchase stages of the B2B purchasing lifecycle.
- Link Strategy: Create relevant contextual links to and on other visible, relevant sites to show your own authority in the industry, driving your rankings up even further.
- CRO: Improve conversion rates, optimize your landing pages, improve website loading speed, and fix indexing errors so that no technical issues prevent you from ranking on the first page.
Ultimately, our point of view on SEO today is that: in order to succeed in this fast-paced, ever-changing field, you should really have an SEO consultant in tandem with SEO software. The software will help you do all of the above on a day-to-day basis, and the B2B digital marketing consultant’s job is to guide you toward successful use of that software and its outputs while also training your people on how to replicate these processes and successes.