Developing a strong content strategy is key to growing your business, but how and why? Well, ideally content will draw traffic to your website, and the more traffic you get, the more leads you generate. This leads to converting more prospective customers, in turn increasing your revenue and net new business growth.
On the other hand, not all website traffic is created equal, and organic traffic in particular may matter more to your business than other types. So how can you increase the amount of organic traffic flowing to your website? There are several key points worth keeping in mind when you’re thinking about how to increase organic traffic.
How To Increase Website Traffic
If you are wondering how to increase website traffic fast, then you may be looking for something along the lines of an “increase website traffic hack.” However, the reality is that there is no cheat code to increasing direct or organic traffic. Instead, you have to approach this goal using a comprehensive strategy, which may include techniques such as:
- Target review websites. Most customers begin their buyers’ journey by reading a few reviews, so this is often their first impression of your company. What do your current reviews look like? Make sure you have a strong profile that creates a positive impression for prospective customers.
- Consider social media closely. Particularly in the world of B2B SaaS, social media can be a place to create value as well as distributing content and raising brand awareness.
- Utilize cold-calling approaches, even if you aren’t doing traditional phone-based cold calling. Reach out to individuals on platforms such as LinkedIn, create a valuable offer, and see if you can entice them to ask for more information.
- Keep in mind that PPC campaigns can be used to generate quick results that you’ll later build out with longer-term solutions. For one thing, you only pay for this kind of advertisement when someone clicks on it, so these are usually warm leads you’re investing in.
And overall, as mentioned earlier here, you need to think about your inbound and organic traffic. If you really want to grow your business, then you need to target organic traffic. As you work on accomplishing this, though, there are also some key points to keep in mind.
How To Increase Organic Traffic
Organic traffic is more valuable than other types of traffic because you know these visitors have found your website using a search engine, which means that they are already interested in the products and services you provide. Therefore, it makes sense to try and drive as much organic traffic as possible.
If you are wondering how to increase website traffic organically, the least expensive – and usually most effective – approach is to prioritize search engine optimization, or SEO. Moreover, it’s worth thinking about SEO as Google sees it, since this is the world’s most popular search engine.
Even though a well-executed B2B SEO strategy may take longer to create results than a PPC campaign, any good SEO campaign or SEO strategy is also exponential – or, in other words, it keeps growing and building upon itself. By contrast, a PPC campaign is linear, meaning that there is a ceiling to how successful your campaign can be.
If you follow the most important tips for increasing your organic reach on search engines, then your SEO campaign can continue delivering for you for years to come. However, because PPC campaigns can work faster, you often need to put the two together. You may want to use PPC campaigns in the beginning as your SEO campaign gets off the ground, and then you can scale back your spending on PPC campaigns as your SEO campaign takes off.
SEO Techniques To Increase Website Traffic
Are you looking for SEO techniques and tools that can help you increase organic website traffic? If you are wondering how to improve SEO, there are several actionable SEO tips and types of SEO techniques you can follow, including:
- Think about your on-page SEO too, which includes your content marketing, meta descriptions, URL slugs, and even alt text on images.
- Check your backlinks, as they can position your website as an authority in your field.
- Take advantage of the most advanced SEO tools in the market. If needed, you may even want to partner with trained professionals who can help you use them to their best advantage.
- Utilize the power of technical SEO, since pages that are easier for crawlers to index will rank higher.
- Repurpose your content regularly in order to capitalize on your strengths.
If you put these SEO techniques in digital marketing to work for you, then you will be able to drive your organic traffic to greater and greater volumes.