The businesses that become successful in today’s busy commercial environment are the ones that have strong online presences. This is because today, most people turn to the internet first when looking for their next product or service. So, even if you provide the best offerings or have the fastest customer service in the world, you still have to make sure that your potential customers can find you first.
This is why it is important to take advantage of search rank tracking software — that way, you know if you are showing up higher in the search rankings that people see after searching for products and services like the ones you offer. Even so, there are some important things to keep in mind with this kind of tool.
Rank Tracking in General
For the most part, search rank tracking software is an important part of keeping track of your online presence. Using a website rank checker, you can see and evaluate where you rank for various words and phrases. With this same tool, you can also track your rankings for both your own keywords as well as the rankings of your competitors. In this way, you can figure out what you are doing well and what needs to be improved.
In addition, with access to an SEO ranking checker, you have a lot of information at your disposal. For example, you can use a page rank checker to look at either your website overall, or at the relevance of each individual page on that website. This second capacity is important because your website probably has multiple subpages. So, in addition to ranking differently for various words and phrases, you can also take a look and see which specific pages are helping your rankings and why. This will help you duplicate that success in other places too.
Furthermore, you can also use rank tracking to keep a close eye on the number of keywords that are showing up in organic searches. Organic searches are important because they help you generate new potential customers, instead of mostly repeat clients who already know about your business. Similarly, you can also see how you are performing for individual keywords that could be relevant to the products and services you provide.
While all of this information is potentially useful, though, you also need to be able to interpret such data in ways that are helpful to you and your company. And this is where search rank tracking software becomes essential.
Keyword Generation, Research, Ranking, and Planning
Though the dream is to make a customer out of everyone, this usually isn’t possible. So instead, you need to target the right market using keyword research. For example, using a keyword generator or keyword planner can help you figure out how you are performing for various words and phrases. By taking advantage of a keyword tool, such as a keyword tracker, you can expedite this process greatly.
In this case, you need to understand what people are looking for, how people are looking for it, and how they go about discovering that information. Even though you probably want to improve your online presence as quickly as possible, you should not cut any corners. For example, the words you want to rank for and what potential customers are actually looking for are often two different things.
So, you first need to figure out who your target market is. Then, you can use information from your research to hone in on your target market. That way, you can run a successful digital marketing campaign instead of simply focusing on arbitrary words and phrases. Attracting more traffic looks good as a metric, but if you are not converting that traffic, then this is not going to help your company.
Instead, if you want to improve the results of your keyword research, you need to find keywords related to the ones you are currently targeting. This will help you expand your target market gradually. Using a software program, such as the ones offered by B2B SaaS marketing agency Demandwell, can help you prioritize certain keywords that will drive the best results and maximize your ROI.
Search Rank Tracking Software and SEO Software
If you are looking to take advantage of SEO software and search rank tracking software, then you have several options available. These include:
- SEMrush: Arguably the most comprehensive SEO tool currently on the market, this will help you identify keywords, build links, and audit your website. There is even an SEM Academy of free resources to help you get the most out of this tool.
- Ahrefs: This is another comprehensive tool that is known for its ability to build links and uncover related keywords. By applying the data you receive from Ahrefs, you can expand your online presence.
- Google Keyword Ranking: You can take advantage of Google Keyword Ranking to analyze search volumes for various words and phrases.
- How To Check Keyword Ranking in Google Analytics: Many marketers and savvy business leaders utilize Google Analytics because it is free and also offered by the parent company of the world’s most popular search engine. There are many ways to use this tool, which will show you how visitors are coming to your website. For example, the SEO agency Demandwell can help you further increase and leverage these conversions.
- Neil Patel: If you want to learn SEO from the best and brightest, then you should check out this prolific resource.
Backlink Checker: You need to keep an eye on your domain authority, and here, the number and quality of your backlinks are both important. Use a backlink checker to keep an eye on who is directing traffic to your site.