SEO Content Marketing Strategy
In today’s busy, largely-online marketplace, you need to have a strong online presence if you want to truly grow your business. This is because most consumers turn to the internet first when they are looking for new products and services, so your business needs to be among the first results they see if you want to gain their business. To achieve this, you need to make sure that your business is ranked highly by search engines – and this is where search engine optimization, usually shortened to SEO, is critical. Having a strong SEO content marketing strategy in place will help you place your product and services in front of as many potential customers as possible.
At the same time, though, there are many factors that go into a successful SEO strategy. For example, it’s first important to highlight the differences between a content strategy versus SEO. The two do go hand in hand, since content performs best when SEO-ready; however, your content strategy usually focuses on the needs of potential customers while SEO focuses first and foremost on catering to search engines. So although they’re related, there are differences between content strategy and SEO.
At this point, it’s common to be wondering “well, then what is content marketing?” Unlike traditional marketing, which sells products and services directly, content marketing is about creating content that raises brand awareness and positive visibility. The content generated through content marketing is aimed at both customers and also for search engines: for customers, it gives them a sense of your business, while for search engines, it gives them more material to index and see what a good match your business is.
While there are many types of content out there (different businesses might focus on blog posts, whitepapers, videos, podcasts, or other types, depending on their industries and audiences), any type of content and any good content marketing strategy needs to work hand-in-hand with SEO.
SEO Content Strategy
When it comes to effective, high-quality SEO efforts, there’s just no replacement for high-quality content. If you do not produce high-quality content, and on a regular basis, then search engines will not have enough information to index the pages of your website and decide whether it’s worth ranking highly among users’ search results. As a result, your website rankings will suffer and your site traffic will fall.
When it comes to developing a strong SEO content strategy, then, it is important to focus on generating SEO-friendly content. And, if you’re wondering, “what is SEO content writing,” it’s worth knowing that this is the process of producing content specifically with SEO in mind as well as prospects and users.
There are several SEO content writing tips that it’s worth keeping in mind. A few of the most important points regarding content SEO include:
- Pick the right keyword: Most types of content you produce will have a single focus keyword, so make sure you’re picking the right one to work. Do your research ahead of time and find a keyword that is relevant to the needs of your potential customers, with reasonable search volume, and then create content around it.
- Do not produce duplicate content: While it might seem helpful to have multiple pages on your website that focus on the same keyword, this might actually signal to crawlers and search engines that your site is artificially inflating its keyword count. Specifically, if you produce duplicate content, then your website and its rankings could suffer as a result. Each keyword that you’re trying to rank for should have one page devoted to it.
- Place keywords in the correct locations: There are certain locations where your target keywords should show up in the content created around them. Some of these locations include title tags, meta descriptions, headers, and throughout the body of the content itself.
However, it can be tricky and time-consuming – not to mention, just plain overwhelming – to focus on all of these tips and put out content at a fast pace, on an ongoing basis. How is your company going to produce high-quality content at the same time? This is where it is helpful to take advantage of advanced SEO and content creation tools that can help monitor these kinds of parameters for you during your content creation processes.
SEO Content Strategy Template
If you are simply producing random blogs and articles focusing on a variety of keywords, and hoping to see positive results from this strategy, then you may end up being disappointed. Producing random content, even if it does contain your keywords, will not improve results measurably. Instead, using an SEO content strategy template can be helpful.
There are several parameters to keep in mind as you begin to look for and use an SEO content writing template, which include:
- Define the larger topic or subject matter that your content will focus on
- Define your target market, or the audience you intend to reach with your content
- Target not only primary keywords but also related keywords that are within the target conceptual area
- Ensure that you optimize content as it is created with on-page SEO and strategic linking
If you would like to take advantage of SEO-friendly website templates, then the SaaS B2B marketing software company and agency Demandwell can help you do exactly that. In this way, you have access to a page brief even before you begin the writing process, and having this kind of reference at hand will improve the quality of your content writing.
How To Integrate Content Marketing SEO
However, it’s not enough to simply prepare content marketing SEO – you’ll also need to integrate it into your current content marketing and overall marketing strategies.
If you are wondering, “why SEO and content marketing,” this comes back to one of the big ideas explored above: content is critical for SEO because without content for crawlers to index and identify your website by, your business can’t start ranking among search results. At all.
So! Some important points to keep in mind, and the importance of content in SEO include:
- Identify and list out the topics and keywords that your target market are looking for
- Try to target long-tail keywords that can help you stand out from the crowd
- Construct a page (or pages) building from individual, relevant topics
- Consider setting up marketing streams (blogs, social media, etc.) for individual topics as well, giving yourself a place to post everything from product marketing announcements to helpful technical articles
- Produce high-quality content on a regular basis
- Compress all media files before you upload them, as this will prevent your website from slowing down
- Create and place strong links when possible, as they will position your website as an authority in the field
- Define success, set out key performance indicators (KPIs), and track them accordingly
If you can follow the majority of these strategies, then you should begin seeing results relatively quickly.
Differences Between Content Marketing and SEO
Despite all of this, you might still be wondering about the differences between content marketing and SEO. (Here it’s worth noting that even non-marketing professionals, such as business leaders, can find it helpful to take SEO and content marketing courses, which aren’t confined to one role!) In any case, content is king, SEO, so even though the two are two different things, they are closely aligned. Your content marketing should do the heavy lifting when it comes to SEO, ensuring that crawlers have plenty to work with then they try to index your site.
On a related note, you should be taking advantage of SEO content writing tools, including an SEO content creator, if you want to get the most out of every piece of content. Even a quick survey of SEO content examples will make it obvious that it takes a very particular set of skills to produce good content as an SEO writer. For instance, a good SEO writer will know how to handle on-page SEO, and how to segment their writing so that both site visitors and search engines can interpret it quickly and accurately.
SEO Optimized Content
SEO-ready content is the way to go if you’re serious about growing your business in online spaces, which means ensuring that it’s ready to go both on-page and off-page.
On-page SEO refers to all search optimization factors that impact the quality of individual webpages, so this is the primary type of SEO to keep in mind when producing content for your website. Taking advantage of SEO optimization tools, you can publish high-quality, relevant content that includes proper headlines, HTML tags, and images, which all provide places to include keywords. So if you handle this process properly, you’ll have included some extra copies of your most important keywords while also ensuring that visitors will find your site friendly, accessible, and easy to navigate.
Then besides on-page SEO, there’s also off-page SEO. This term refers to factors that will impact the ranking of your website without actually being on the site itself. For example, links from other websites that lead back to your own are among the most important off-page SEO factors.
Finally, it is also important to think about technical SEO. This refers to the overall architecture of your website. If your website is laid out properly, then it will be easier for search engines to index it, so technical SEO can also influence the ranking of your website.
Types of SEO Content
Beyond on-page SEO and off-page SEO, there are two main places where SEO becomes particularly important: on pages and posts. When looking at technical SEO versus content-driven SEO, it is critical to highlight the differences between these two items because each fulfills different purposes.
At its most basic, demand pages will cover a particular topic, while supporting posts will address a specific element of that topic in greater detail. For example, you may produce a page that focuses on content marketing as an overall topic and from there, create a post about a specific type of content, such as podcasts. In general, pages are significantly longer than blog posts; however, you also shouldn’t make your blog posts too short. In addition, provide links from the posts back to the main page on that larger topicL this will improve the overall architecture of your site.
If you really want to get the most out of all of these pages, though, then it’s worth researching, investing in, and beginning to use SEO-specific tools and SEO content marketing strategies that will help you optimize your content as you go. In this way, you can ensure that not only visitors but also search engines can easily find the information they are looking for on your business’s website.